Lantronix, Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites www.lantronix.com and store.lantronix.com (our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites; and
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Websites; and
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lantronix or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Websites.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, the type of computer and browser being used to access the Websites, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to newsletters or publications, posting material, requesting product information or support. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. This information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized features to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our Websites and our products.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. To opt out and no longer receive communications from us, please send your request to [email protected] or by mail to the address provided in “Contacting Us” below. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lantronix’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lantronix about users of our Websites is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lantronix, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to at [email protected].
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we wish to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” or others from illegally obtaining this information (including, for example, your personal information).
Third Party Links
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
- Right of access to your personal information: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal information, and access to the personal information and related information on that processing (e.g., the purposes of the processing, or the categories of personal information involved).
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal information corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information, as permitted by law.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances, including: when the accuracy of your personal information is contested; when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information and request the restriction of the use of your personal information instead; or when you have objected to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Lantronix override your grounds.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, as permitted by law.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR regarding your personal information, please contact us by email at [email protected]. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable, and in any event, within the time limits prescribed by law.
Revisions to Policy
We reserve the right to revise, amend, change or modify this policy at any time. Any material revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on our website and your continued use of our Websites following any such revision, amendment or modification will constitute your understanding and acceptance of the same.
If there are any questions regarding this policy or online privacy issues you may contact us using the information below.
Attn: Web Privacy Officer
7535 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618
Email: [email protected]